Are you wondering if there is a better way to invoice other than with Word documents or Excel and increase your productivity? We've made a list of the best interior design apps and software for you to reference for starting or improving your business tool. These are our best suggestions to support you in managing your business and increasing your bottom line.
We drafted this guide to help you create the blueprint for running your own successful Interior Design business. These are tools that help you communicate with your clients, fellow team members and increase your productivity. Your expertise is what brought them to you, now you can increase your profitability with the right tools for invoicing and presenting.
Best Interior Design Apps and Software
Invoicing your Time and Material
- Quickbooks: This is the #1 most popular Accounting Software, make sure to add your company logo.
- FreshBooks: Accounting
- Quickbooks and Excell: Combined are very powerful, easy to use, and since this is the most popular most accountants use these tools, so hiring someone to assist you is easier.
- Zero: which can be linked to Harvest ( time tracking)
- Waves App: You can customize this tool with logo and more. This will help keep track of hours, has builtin invoicing, income and expense tracking etc. I can go from proposal to invoice at a click of the button. You can also scan business receipts from your mobile. Did I mention that it is FREE!
- Studio Designer: Accounting and Project Manager Software in a cloud for Interior Design Professionals
- PayPal: Free to signup, a small fee per transaction. Also offers followup communication and request for payments.
Staying Organized/ Team Management / Time Tracking
- Trello: Great for project management.
- Harvest App: Easy time tracking in real time for the whole team.
- Mydoma Studio; They offer online mood boards, shopping list, and project collaborations for interior designers.
- Norton Identity Safe: Password Tool: an Encrypted tool for keeping your passwords.
- Matboard: Is a scrapbook like tool for the iPad
- Photoshop / InDesign / Adobe Suite: Adobe Creative Cloud offers a variety of photo editing and creating.
- Morpholio Board: Great tool for layouts and collages. Board combines your perfect products library with a dream set of tools and the mobility to work or present anywhere. Welcome to the future of interior design.
- Mydoma Studio: Great system for creating mood boards to send to clients. You can even include affiliate links if the client is to purchase on their own ( E-Design Service)
- PowerPoint: Great tool for working on your phone or PC. Easy to access anywhere.
- Ollio Board: Free mood boards for presentations.
- Polyvore: Free, and a great app for creating mood boards.
Apps for Drawings
- Noteworthy: Uploads plans and you can add notes
- Modsy: 3D modeling tool, a realistic rendering tool you can use. This is a service by the room. To see more about this service, see review by Vintage Rugs here: Review
- Studio by Minute Matters: this graphics software is for interior designers and has wonderful features and functions as a valuable tool for interior design.
- Sketchup combined with Podium ( cost-effective choice.) for interior renderings.
- HomeStyler: Create Floor Plans
|MODSY review via Britany Makes|
Popular Posts for Interior Design Business
- 10 Questions to ask a potential client before your visit: vet out potential interviews. Your time is valuable, and you do not want o to have your time taken up by someone who is not going to hire you. Take steps to evaluate the time invested.
- Are you considering hiring an Interior Designer to assist you? 10 Questions to ask an Interior Designer when interviewing for the right relationship. Here are a few questions to review so you are prepared for the interview and meeting.
- Business Visibility Through Social Media
Popular Books for Interior Design Business
- Kimberley Seldon: Business of Design: Part I: This is a business bible on everything from invoicing to contracts.
- Interior Design Branding: Kim Kuhbtal
- Recipe For the Press: Amy Flurry's new book for Interior Designers and best methods for getting published
Book Keeping / Purchasing/ Business Software
- Design Manager: old school, but a great workhorse.
- Design Docs: Interior Design Business software
- IVY: Make Time For Design (*update 2018, due to the recent purchase of IVY by Houzz, many designers are not interested in using this tool from a perceived conflict of interest)
- Mydoma Studio; Affordable and robust.
- Home Styler
- Minute Matters: easy-to-use design software, quoting solutions, fabrication tools, and organizational systems. They give you the tools to assist clients in visualizing their dreams! One of the best tools out there!
- Quickbooks and Excell combined
- Xero, which can be linked to Harvest ( time tracking)
- Waves: Which you can completely customize with logos. Keeps track of time.
Having the right visual marketing tools at your disposal will help you create compelling visuals on a consistent basis – even if you are a non-designer. Strong visual content is necessary if you want to better tell stories and keep your audiences engaged in a more impressionable way. It is also one of the best ways to stand out from your competition.
- Canva: Create great Social Media Graphics, edit photos, and create blog post images.
- Pic Monkey: Just like Canva.
- Minute Matters ( see above)
Great programs for Interior Design Video Conferencing, Webinars, Video Creation
- Screencast-O Matic: Great for recording videos.
- Zoom: Host video meeting, conference calls and record them
- Easy Webinar: webinar stream and record.
- Telestream: easy video editing on Mac.
In the Field
Apps: additional thoughts on letting your phone multitask in the field
- ILevel: app for leveling artwork!
About Deborah von Donop: Deborah is the founder of dvd Interior Design. This is where she shares beautiful design inspirations and highlights about design events and tips for creating a beautifully layered home. She likes to share new products, her favorite things, and resources for decor enthusiasts who are interested in paring antiques with modern elements, and beautiful fabrics. When she isn't working, you can find her reading, walking, doing yoga, or driving her children every day, everywhere. Connect with Deborah on Google+
|#designhounds visit Dwell on Design with Modenus|
Thank you for visiting!
Design Biz: The Best Applications and Tools for Interior Designers, Interior Design Business Tools, Interior Designers Tool Box, best apps, and software.